IDEALAB reMaking Industry
According to the State of Urban Manufacturing Alliance report, Cincinnati is “rich with a new generation of growth-minded manufacturers of all sizes.” Of the 6 cities in the 2013-2018 study, Cincinnati has the 2nd youngest median age among all six of the State of Urban Manufacturing cities: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Portland. IDEALAB reMaking Industry will share leading Urban Manufacturing Alliance (UMA) research and connect initiatives in regional cities featuring leadership catalyzing 21st century urban manufacturing.
FAST FACTS –
▪ What: Coffee/light breakfast, Morning Keynote + (3) Regional Presenters, Lunch Keynote, (2) afternoon breakout sessions and social hour
▪ When: December 5, 2018, 8:30am-5:00pm
▪ Where: Memorial Hall in Over-The-Rhine
▪ Cost: $50 per person all inclusive; $29 per student all inclusive
▪ Anticipated # of guests: 200
FORMAT & AGENDA
− 8:30am Doors open, coffee bar and light breakfast in Green Ballroom
− 9:15am-12:30pm IDEALAB presentations in the Anderson Theater.
▪ 9:15 am – 10:00 am Keynote Katy Stanton, Program & Membership Director, Urban Manufacturing Alliance
▪ 10:00 am -10:45 am Dan Carmody, President of Eastern Market Corporation, Detroit
▪ 11:00 am – 11:45 am Jen Guarino, VP of Manufacturing, Shinola, Detroit
▪ 11:45 am – 12:30 pm Adam Kenney, Director of Monmade and the Craft Business Accelerator at Bridgeway Capital, Pittsburgh
− 12:30 pm Box lunch served from Parkview Room
− 1pm – 1:30pm Keynote David Adams, University of Cincinnati Chief Innovation Officer
− 1:45 pm-4:00 pm (2) Breakout sessions featuring local leadership paired with morning presenters. Guests will be able to attend both sessions. Breakout sessions in Green and Gold Ballrooms.
Money talks: How to access capital and reach new customers
- Adam Kenney, Director, Monmade and the Craft Business Accelerator, Bridgeway Capital, Pittsburgh
- Peg Moertl, President, HCDC, Cincinnati
- Rich Kiley, CoMADE Founder, Cincinnati
- Moderator – Steven Doehler, Associate Professor, Industrial Design, University of Cincinnati
From isolated excellence to industrial ecosystem
- Jen Guarino, VP Manufacturing, Shinola; current President ISAIC (Industrial Sewing and Innovation Center), Detroit
- Craig Vogel, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research; Professor, UC DAAP, Cincinnati
- Emily Flannery, UC Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education, Fashion Design Co-op Advisor
- Moderator – Matt Anthony, Co-founder, CoMADE
▪ 1:45 – 2:45 pm #1
▪ 3:00 – 4:00 pm #2
− 4:00pm – 5:00pm IDEALAB informal Social Hour in Main Hallway and foyer
For more details, visit Welcome to IDEALAB reMaking Industry here.
IDEALAB reMaking Industry is presented by The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation, People’s Liberty, Issue Media Group and Soapbox Media.